Public Awareness & Damage Prevention
The purpose of the Public Awareness and Damage Prevention Interest Group is to build community within its peer group and engage the Interest Group in dialogue to facilitate the exchange of information. The focus of the Public Awareness Interest Group is identifying issues and challenges, educating, collaborating, training, reviewing lessons learned and best practices, and facilitating conversations which lead to the discovery of ideas and possible solutions.
- SGA Public Awareness Product Offerings
- Nixon & Associates
- Devaney & Associates
- Texas Pipeline Awareness Alliance
- Public Relations Policies
- PHMSA Stakeholder Communications Website
- Pipelines Informed Planning Alliance (PIPA)
- This is a cross-function alliance formed through the PHMSA Office of Pipeline Safety to create best practices for the pipeline industry as well as those that plan for development around the pipeline assets. More information can be found by visiting the PIPA website.
- In Spring 2010, PHMSA initiated an effort to assess the extent to which each state is taking steps to incorporate the nine elements of effective damage prevention programs into the state’s damage prevention program. The nine elements were cited by Congress in the Pipeline Inspection, Protection, Enforcement and Safety (PIPES) Act of 2006. Web page for more information.
- API RP 1162 - Public Access
- Through an initiative by the Federal government, API has made their publications available for viewing. To learn more visit the API Public Publications website.
- Collaborate on Connect@SGA
- Connect@SGA is a private social media platform for SGA member company employees to share ideas, post resources, ask questions, and connect with fellow peers in the industry. Simply log in and find communities you are interested in, subscribe, and start collaborating virtually today!
One Minute Updates
About Committees and Interest Groups
An Interest Group is a database of gas industry professionals interested in a particular subject matter. SGA members can be members of as many Interest Groups as they prefer. Each Interest Group is managed by a Committee. Learn more about the Committee that manages this Interest Group by downloading their Activity Plan (above).
for more information.
811 image is courtesy of the Common Ground Alliance - © 2012 Call 811 - Common Ground Alliance